Hey! I thought i’d try to make my first Tian, inspired by the food that i served while working in a restaurant. Here is my quick and easy recipe to make some. It took me about 40 minutes to prepare and I managed to make 5 ramekins and 1 in a small mug out of the ingredients.
The ingredients are;
- 2 ripe avocados
- soft cheese (i used lactose free)
- 1 cucumber (i only used 1/3 though)
- 1 lemon
- 150g fresh king prawns
- sweet chilli sauce
- ramekins (or any small container, i’ve tried it in a small mug before!)
- tomato sauce or puree
You will also need a knife, small spoon, fork, chopping board, and a bowl.
Step by Step
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the contents. Chopping them up on the chopping board will make step 2 easier!
- Put the avocado into the bowl and mash it up with a fork.
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon into the bowl.
- Continue to mix until there are no big chunks of avocado.
- Add a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and tomato sauce/puree and mix in again.
- Chop some cucumber slices.
- Begin to layer your ramekins with prawns, soft cheese, avocado mixture, and cucumber slices on top.
- Leave in the fridge to help them set for a good 20 minutes.
- Take them out and turn the ramekin upside-down onto a plate and they should come out easily.
- Garnish with leaves and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce
If you try this recipe yourself please post your results in a comment below as i would love to see them!