So recently I went with a large group of my friends and acquaintances to the Crystal Maze Experience near Angel station in North London. I loved the Crystal Maze TV show as a kid in the 90s and it’s amazing that a group of people crowd funded this idea to recreate that TV show for anyone to be able to play today! I think the idea was amazing so the fact that me and my friends got to do it was an unforgettable and enjoyable time.
At first I wasn’t sure how accurate it would be or the size of the play area we would be in. But ultimately the amazing team pulled it off. In the beginning we were given our team jackets and we were the blue team (there are 4 teams of 8) and we start running around this place. The four areas from the TV show are there, Aztec, Industrial, Medieval and Futuristic and we were led around by a comedic nutcase named Bison (probably not his real name right?) and he was hilariously one of the best parts of the experience Richard O’ Brien would be proud!
I definitely won’t give away any of the puzzles but they all seemed achievable in the time allocated and it was very fun to shout help at eachother, yes that’s right, shouting advice to help. Take it for what you will but it’s all a part of the fun and games! It was not quite as active as I expected as I thought that there was going to be a lot more running and climbing involved but it was paced just about right.
I was very proud of myself for earning a crystal for the team before we got to the final with the Crystal Dome. This was the part that looked the most difficult honestly when all you have to do is catch the floating foil tickets. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter as long as you enjoy yourself, and our team came second place so that’s good enough for me. I just wish we had a crystal each to take home as a souvenir like in the TV show! That would be my only wish!
I would readily recommend this for anyone eager to try it out! It’s definitely worth it, I would do it again. Just make sure you watch a few old episodes beforeand for a recap! 😉
I would get in fast though as they are already fully booked for months! It’s no suprise haha!
Live, Laugh, Love
This post is for anyone who’s looking to save a bit of money because I have some advice for you from my own personal experience. I’ve always been fairly savvy on buying deals and comparing prices as well as constantly looking for a bargain!
How you manage your outcome on food can be a huge money saver because it is said that we throw away a third of food that doesn’t get eaten and is wasted! So here are a few things that can help you…
1. Freeze food – There is an easy way to combat this because you can easily freeze food if you have too much.
2. Check the dates – check your use by dates when you’re buying your food in the shop and think about if you really need it and also will you use it by that time?
3. Save your leftovers – Any food that is left behind doesn’t need to go in the bin. You can get a tupperware box and have it the following day for lunch or even put the leftovers into a sandwich (gluten free one for me 😉 ) if you have a lot of food leftover going to waste refer back to the first tip!
4. Become a reduced food ninja! – one of my favourite parts of a shop is the reduced section, I wouldn’t advise buying meat though unless it looks good enough. This section can be filled with anything, it’s a lucky dip of bargains and your task is to win your prize (see why I like it so much). You can save a lot of money by taking advantage of the cheaper pricing, just make sure you use that food on the same day or the day after or freeze it, otherwise it’s a waste of money. One if my favourite things to find in that section is if there are any sandwich spreads (a treat) to go with my gluten free rolls or any fruit and veg or yoghurt. Bargain hunting is the best!
5. Email subscriptions – I tend to subscribe to shopping emails so that when I get a good deal sent to me I know where to get it, this can be a problem if you get enticed easily into buying things so I wouldn’t recommend getting those emails unless you know to only check for deals if you want something in particular.
6. Use vouchers and coupons – but only if it’s something you would normally get. Deals can be attractive but you have to make sure it’s something you need and not a whim. This ties in with email subscriptions because you can be sent coupons and getting freebies and free stuff is one of the simple joys of bargain hunting.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Happy Bargain Hunting!
Live, Laugh, Love
So, recently i’ve figured out that there’s a lot more things bouncing around my head than i anticipated. And i wonder who else at some point just realises that a lot of the things currently in their life makes them unhappy? You want to change right, at least i do. I decided that if i kept living my life where im doing the same things day in and day out then there will never be any progress in my life. I will do the same boring things and then poof all the time is gone.
I’m sure that some of you reading this will understand how hard it can be to realise this and wonder if you can forgive yourself, but you definitely should! Getting stuck is just a part of life but the first step is realising that you want change and from there all you have to do is take it! Even me writing this myself i find it hard to believe my own words because i have been going in a downward spiral for years but this is my new beginning and i hope i can help you to find yours too.
Here are a few tips of mine on how to change your life to how you want it to be…
- Buy a planner – sure! because since i have bought one it has become a life saver, i am putting in it all of the things i want to do, i know where and when i want to go. And i want to start new adventures so i am making sure i fill it up as much as possible. But you can fill it up with anything even if you want to relax, take a spa day, do whatever you feel. And if you want a more spontaneous adventure, just write a place, any place, and just go there without a plan. The point is, planners can be your guide!
- Consider changing job – unless you are happy in your current job you could think about whether you would be happier in another one! What’s that dream job of yours? I thought that i was very happy in my job but it turned out that i was drowning a bit, doing the same thing without any career prospects was wasting my time and i knew it. I had a degree that i was doing nothing with and i thought, go get it! If you are ready to take a chance the rewards could be anything!
- Get some new hobbies – It can be tough to find what you want to do in life but a new hobby can open up more possibilities for you. I want to try things that i have never done before but always thought of doing and i know that i feel so much better for it and even though the rest of the things may not be yet falling into place i feel like i am achieving something by trying to do new things. I know that i can look back on it and be proud of the experience i have gained. It certainly beats watching TV and spending most of my spare time on facebook or youtube (instant regret of time wasted – cringe!)
- See your friends – Its always good to spend time with people you care about and even if you haven’t seen them in a long time you may enjoy catching up with them or doing something as a group. You can even discover new hobbies and experiences with your friends! I know personally that i’ve always been the one waiting for my friends to make the plans for us and i wanted to change that and organise things myself! (aren’t I a bad friend… kidding) Since then i’ve had so much more fun and met many more people which is brilliant.
- Get healthy! – If you do regular exercise in your life then you know the benefits it gives you to your mood, health, everything. We have to look after our bodies its the only one we get! When i was going through a lot of hard times i struggled with diet and exercise, the food was always too good and the exercise was boring and a pain. But when i decided i was ready for a change suddenly my diet cut out all the bad things (that i knew i wasn’t supposed to have) and i was so focused on everything else that i wanted to change that the weight started to come off because i had become so much more active. I still hate exercise, i make myself do it but at least being active and doing a lot of things has made me more fit and i feel the positive difference.
- Eat healthy too! because lets face it, we all know that cake that is meant for 8 people was no match for you! (or at least that used to be me) But seriously whatever size you are out there, be happy with yourself and eat good food that is organic and with fruit and veg. You can make some really delicious meals on a tight budget with just some vegetables (maybe some meat too) and i should be posting some examples in future here on my blog!
So thats it on tips to change your life and i hope you see improvements as i have.
I am still progressing though and it takes time!
Please comment to share how you change or want to change your life! 🙂
Live, Laugh, Love